Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summertime!

Here I am 3 months post reversal of my ileostomy and I'm just about back to my "normal" self, well I guess its a new normal:)  My incisions are healed, just some scars (which requires a lather of SPF 55 at the beach), a fickle colon, and a new perspective.  I realize the things that are important in life; my family, Gods grace, the power of prayer, awesome friends, and a healthy lifestyle.  Then there are the things that used to seem so important, but now I laugh at myself for even getting worked up in a tizzy over them:)
Matt and I went to Jamaica in May FINALLY! It was a fabulous time of sun, sand, relaxation (except when he got super competitive with beach volleyball and ended up with two bloody knees! Ha), snorkeling, eating too much and drinking too many frozen daquraris and red stripes!! Needless to say we had a great time and I'm pretty stoked about spending a week with my family on St. George Island.  9 days till we go to be exact- Anita, you pack the shovel, Matt will bring his prized Christmas gift, the metal detector. Be prepared to see my bf walking the beach in black socks up to his knees and a thrift store find Hawaiian shirt, oh lord:)
My surgeon is moving to Isreal in July- obviously a huge move for him and his family! I am honored to have been able to work with him as a nurse and to be his patient for the last 9 months. He, and his staff, took wonderful genuine care of me, and for that I am grateful.  I am going to see my primary care doctor in the am, Dr. Costley, boy do I have lots to update him on (last time I saw him was last August). I also have a whole lot of thank you's for going with his gut when I told him about my GI issues and he referred me to a gastroenterologist.  I'm waiting on my genetic testing results (hopefully they will be back in July/August) and I continue to pray for good cea levels.
So.... Here I am 3 months post op, hugging my family tighter, loving my life, and thanking God for his many continued blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment