Friday, November 23, 2012

Home, sweet home...

It was so weird riding home on Monday afternoon, like I totally lost 3 weeks! The leaves were all different colors, the sky was more gray, everything looked different....needless to say I am ecstatic to be home!!! I'm pretty positive I used all the hot water as I stood in the shower for the first time in weeks! It does feel odd to just sit, moving from the couch to the bed and back and forth; I guess it is the nurse in me that is having a hard time letting people take care of me and everything around the house. I still remind myself that it is baby steps....as long as they are in the right direction than I will take the incredible small steps to healing.
I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  I am thankful that my parents came and sat with me everyday while I was in the hospital; walking laps with me around the ICU, washing my hair, etc. I know I have said it before, but my parents really are pretty awesome people, I'm pretty lucky to have them as my mom and dad.  I am thankful for Matt. He stayed every night with me at the hospital sleeping on a cot, holding my hand, he even helped me shave my legs(now that's a trooper). I'm a lucky girl that he loves me so much. My sisters are fabulous...Megan, Anita, and Teresa pretty much rock:) they came to sit with me, chatted with me, texted me when they weren't there, updated the blog...I pretty much adore them, thankful to have them as my sisters and friends.  I am thankful for my ICU family.  I work with some awesome RNs who took great care of me. They went above and beyond, not only with me, but making sure my family was ok as well.  I have some great surgeons- Dr.Pelta, Dr.Stevens, Dr.Redden, Dr.Ramsay, Dr. Wood (I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody) who cared so much about me and my outcome.  You could see it on their face how much concern they had for me when they checked on me multiple times a day. I am thankful for their steady hands and kind hearts. I am so thankful for all the sweet cards, balloons, flowers, fuzzy socks, gifts, and prayers. Thank you for the prayers and well wishes. Cheers to continued healing!

1 comment:

  1. I need to see you! Shoot me a text when you can and we will set up our first movie date!!!! I LOVE YOU and I am so so happy that you are home and recovering. It literally warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete