Happy New Year! 2012 has been a year that I will never forget.... Some crazy fun times like my family sitting under a stairwell of some hotel motel in the middle of nowhere Florida during a tropical storm drinking beer and telling stories:) some totally wonderful times like when we welcomed my nephew Isaac Landry in to the world in July, and one of the most trying times when the word "cancer" became part of my life as a patient, not a nurse. Needless to say I'm looking forward to a healthy 2013!
Thank you for the continued prayers and thoughts... Specially in the upcoming days as I ring in the new year with a doctors appointment (flexible sigmoidoscopy to check out this anastomosis, and reveal a game plan for the next couple of months). I'm both anxious and worried about the results of the scope, but know that God has a master plan, and though I might not completely understand it, I trust in Him. I would like to ask a huge favor from all of the prayer warriors.....Please say an extra prayer tonight for a family friend diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer, he is only 45 years old and had no symptoms prior to his diagnosis. He started chemotherapy on Monday. I pray that God holds him close and wraps His arms around his wife and kids. It's crazy how many people I have heard of lately fighting this disease....
Cheers to a happy and healthy 2013!!
No comments:
Post a Comment