Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wheeeeewwwwww

I had a gastrografin enema in interventional radiology last Friday.....the radiologist was awesome- kind, explained everything, and even called my surgeon while I was on the table.  I was laying on my left side with knees tucked up to my chin, craning to see the images as the dye traveled through my colon, always a nurse:) By far the best part of the day- when the radiologist said "no leak!!!!" I waited to post it, because that report is kinda of unoficially official- I had to hear it come out of my surgeons mouth...so yesterday afternoon I spoke with Dr. Pelta and he pretty much said I'm golden:) maybe not the exact words, but he was pleased with the scan.  So tentatively, the take down of the ileostomy is planned for the first week of March- Bon voyage ostomy:)
I went back to work last week.... Who knew 12 hour shifts were so long????? I haven't started taking patients yet,  just answering the phone and putting orders in the computer, yet I'm still exhausted after a night shift:)
Thank you sooooooo much for your continued prayers- I'm surrounded by an awesome family, fabulous friends, and know that God continues to hold me close... What I'm trying to say, I'm one lucky girl:)

No comments:

Post a Comment