It almost seems unreal that tomorrow is surgery day! When we settled on a date at the beginning of October it felt like so far away, a whole 3 weeks to think about having cancer.... But tonight it seems crazy that tomorrow is the day.
I stood in the aisle at Walgreens contemplating which flavor of mag citrate to partake it???Lemon or grape? Seriously, I think I should be choosing between Paulner vs. blue moon vs. Merlot:) but none the less, I am sipping the night away on lemon flavored laxative(thankful it isn't banana). Im getting my mind right, attempting to clear away the anxiety, and doing some last minute downloading of some tunes and packing:)
Tonight I have a long list of prayers.....I am praying for my surgeons to have steady hands, for anesthesia to be smooth, and for recovery not to be too terrible. I'm praying for Matt and his family as they celebrate his grandpa's life today in FL. I'm praying for my family- they truly are the most awesome people.... I know I'm totally biased, but they seriously are, trust me.
My sisters said they would write tomorrow to update, Matt volunteered, but his spelling is worse than mine:) thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the love, support, thoughts, and prayers. Tomorrow is step one to becoming cancer free.
"Of course you'll encounter trouble. But behold a God of power who can take any evil and turn it into a door of hope"- Catherine Marshall (taken from a devotional book that my sis Teresa gave me)
Thinking of you Kara!!!
ReplyDeleteYou got this! Positive energy abounds.
ReplyDeleteHey Kara,
ReplyDeleteWe just heard about your case. I talked to your mom a bit earlier. Wanted to let you know that we are all behind you and hoping for only the best for you and praying for a successful surgery. We'll be looking for such news tomorrow. Just remember: "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:6-7)
We love you,
Uncle Mike, Aunt Ann, Morgan and Austin
PS: I agree that Merlot tastes better than that other lemon or cherry stuff!
Lots of love!
ReplyDelete((((hugs)))))) my sweet sweet kara love you so much!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you tonight and all day tomorrow! I am anxiously awaiting good news!!! Hurry up and kick this cancer, pretty please :). I love you bunches my dear friend!!!
ReplyDeleteKara.....
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you...and believing with you that God will never give you more than you can bear. And that He will hold you up, give you strength, and will encourage you moment by moment. You are an incredible person, both in and out. Your fight and your belief will see you thru.
From the beginning while walking through the middle, nearing the end....you have an amazing testimony. Thanks for sharing your heart, pain, fears, and victory with the world.
Cancer free is just around the corner. Love you sweet friend....
ReplyDeleteThinking and Praying for your health and recovery!
ReplyDeleteKara, my thoughts and prayers are with you
ReplyDeleteMallorie
Praying for you and Matt as well as both families to keep guys lifted up.
ReplyDeleteLove u Kara. Your in my and my Family's prayers.
ReplyDeleteDon Brunton