Thursday, November 29, 2012

Staple free

I went to the doctor on Monday morning for my first follow-up appointment.  They took the staples out of my midline incision and said it was healing well.  The drain that is sitting at the site of my anastamosis ( which starts in my right butt cheek- totally awesome in a sarcastic tone) is still in place, draining a small amount of merky pond water like output.  (Dr. Pelta will evaluate it next Wednesday) I'm still on TPN at night. I'm so trying to eat, but not too much sounds appetizing.  I did accomplish 3 chicken fingers the other night, and I felt like I needed a standing ovation:) Im still waiting on the day that I wake up and I'm starving, craving specific foods.  I have had two people tell me that my "stoma is beautiful." 1. I'm pretty sure I have never ever referenced a stoma as beautiful 2. In my mind it is still somewhat odd that I have a stoma, none the less, I guess if I have to have one, I want it to be beautiful!  I am feeling better day by day, yet who knew that a shower or a car ride could totally wipe me out?!?
I have had soooooo many people love on me and my family this last month, which I am so thankful for.  I had the sweetest surprise when I was in the hospital- one of the respiratory therapists had an art auction to raise money for me and accumulating hospital bills. Tasha brought me an envelope with the money she raised, a water color that she painted, and a glimpse of sunshine when I was feeling really down in the dumps. I am so thankful for her, her friends that supported her and me as well, the other nurses who donated pieces of art, and all who bought the awesome pieces of work! I'm a pretty lucky girl to have such awesome friends!!!
This past weekend I got to play, when I say play I mean sit in my Dad's recliner, with my whole family. My nephews and nieces make me laugh and are some really cool kids.  I am so, so thankful for my family.
So, here we go, I continue to pray for full and complete healing, sunny days, and to be thankful for the blessings in my life.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to dance in the rain"-unknown


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are doing so well. I love reading your updates. Keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete