Today I had my first experience with home healthcare.... I say experience, yet that word could be interchanged with debacle or cluster. Two nurses showed up, one wearing warmup pants and a tank top with a shirt over it, neither with name tags. Where did the professionalism go? Is it appropriate for them to use my bathroom?!?! To wash your hands before you touch me: yes, to actually use the bathroom: no. I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor when I heard the toilet flush. My picc line wouldn't draw back blood for my labs, flushes fine, but no blood. Their response: we didn't bring any supplies to stick you since you have a picc line. Really???? In my head I was thanking God that Matt was sleeping (working the nightshift gig) and that my Dad was golfing because I'm pretty sure they would have imploded. My Mom and I just kept looking at each other with that look of "you have to be kidding me?!?" Before they left she took my blood pressure and pulse and then informed me that my hr of 104 was elevated. I was thinking that was pretty good considering the situation. :) Needless to say I left a message for Dr. Pelta's nurse saying that we have to rid this home healthcare mess.
Some of my girlfriends came to visit on Friday-what breaths of fresh air my friends are. It was nice to chat about stuff other than medicine, hospital jazz, or how I was feeling. I'm on the road to feeling like a normal human again(with an ostomy, a dressing on my abdomen, and a drain in my butt) but I'm moving around better, taking less pain meds, and eating slightly more.
The next entry, fingers crossed, I will be drain less and maybe even dancing a little. ;) new goal: able to go to the falcons vs. giants game in a couple of weeks...I can't bare to look at Matt's sad face if we have to miss out on another game! Ha (Thanks Cathryn for selling our saints tickets)
Cheers to online Christmas shopping, wearing pajamas till 2013, and complete healing!
No comments:
Post a Comment