Sunday, December 16, 2012

Delinquent

Yes, I am a delinquent..., I told myself that I would update more, and here it is almost a week since the last update.  I went back to the doctor on Thursday for a quick checkup...incision looks good, draining minimally, ileostomy is a ok, pain control is in check (still moving like an old lady, wobbling around), and most exciting: I got the ok to drive! When I asked Dr. Pelta if I could drive, he responding with "could you drive well before surgery?" Matt said no..  Jokes all around:) I mean I have only ever hit stationary objects:)

I'm thankful for friends who drive way south to visit with me only to turn around and drive back north to their original destination, for a fresh hairstyle and color by one of my closest friends (I mean I have no idea why my hair was so unhealthy and grays sprouting up everywhere?!?!?!) I'm thankful for cards in the mail with subway surprises, and always thankful for the oh so many prayers.  I was re -reading some of the cards that I received while I was in the hospital and it makes me realize how lucky I am: for my loving family, my supportive friends, my awesome coworkers and bosses, and even friends of my sisters who sent notes just to let me know they were praying for me.  Somedays I try and piece my hospital stay together, but realize that some things are just a blur ( probably better that way). I continue to thank God for the life he chose for me, for the people he surrounded me with, for the courage and strength to fight this cancer mess and to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment